The Source for Surveying

Call Us at: (303) 477-9319
Denver, CO 80212-1805


What can a Professional Land Surveyor do for me?

Per Colorado Revised Statutes 12-25-202(7):
"Professional Land Surveyor" means an
individual who practices professional land
surveying and who is currently registered with
the board after demonstrating competency to
practice, as defined by section 12-25-214.
Registration is earned through years of
education and experience and successful
completion of a series of licensing

A Professional Land Surveyor renders a highly
technical service to the Client. As a licensed
professional, the services provided by the
surveyor must comply with several applicable
laws, regulations, standards and codes which
have been established by state, county, and
local governments and professional societies.
The Professional Land Surveyor must conform
to these guidelines and will abide by these high
standards of conduct and practice.
The Professional Land Surveyor can:

! Review your deed along with other
evidence and render a professional opinion
as to the locations and conflicts of the
boundaries of your land.

-Set monuments at your property corners
and mark them so they can be easily found
and identified.

- Keep an accurate record of all services
performed and measurements obtained.

-Identify and advise you of any apparent
defect in your land description or evidence
of conflict of ownership and/or use.

-Prepare a plat or map of your property
indicating boundary measurements, the
monuments found and placed, and the
calculated area.

-Provide the client with copies of these
maps bearing the Professional Land Surveyor’s signature and seal. Copies of these maps will also be filed in the County Records where the land is located. This will ensure that the plat or map is available for public inspection.

In addition, a Professional Land Surveyor is qualified to:

-Create a property description for all new
parcels or any existing parcels that may have a defect.

-Appear in court as an expert witness concerning real property ownership, location or use.

-Assist you in the planning and layout of the
Lots, Blocks, streets, easements, etc. in a new subdivision.

How do I authorize a survey?

When you contact us and explain your needs, we can advise you as to what standards and type of survey that you may require. You will be asked to provide a property description along with other documents you may have regarding the parcel (title commitments or reports, previous survey reports or maps, knowledge of monumentation, etc.). A service authorization will be prepared describing the surveying service to be performed, scheduled completion date and cost of this service.

How much will a survey cost?

Once an exact scope of surveying service is defined, we are normally able to provide firm, fixed fee costs for the majority of all surveys performed.

Because of our experience in the Metropolitan Denver Area, we are able to provide economical unit costs for items such as ILC’s, Land Survey Plats, Improvement Survey Plats and Development Surveys for normal residential lots .

When should I have my land surveyed?

You should have your land surveyed:

- Before you purchase it. This will disclose the relationship between the lines of possession and the deeded property lines.

- A lending institution may require either a Land Survey Plat or an Improvement Location Certificate of your property when you borrow money on it.

- Whenever you believe there may be a conflict of use on your property.

- Prior to dividing any parcel of land for sale.

- Whenever you plan the construction of any structure or improvement on the property.

- When you intend to sell any tract of land.

- When your lawyer, architect, real estate agent or municipal planning or engineering office advises or requires it.